Active seniors enjoy their independent lifestyles when residing at The Meadows, and with 100 acres of wooded conservation land surrounding the property, residents have remarkable views. All of our apartments include fully applianced kitchens, large tiled baths, and in-unit washers/dryers. Constructed in 2001, these apartments are composed of stainless steel and concrete. At The Meadows, residents are surrounded by 40 picturesque acres, adjacent to scenic conservation land in a quiet country residential neighborhood, offering a tranquil yet invigorating setting.
While residents can cook their own meals, or order out, we provide one meal a day in one of our two elegant dining rooms. Monthly activities are also available, and residents are welcome to take part in our health and fitness classes at our health club right here on our campus. Our health club includes a beautiful indoor heated pool so residents can swim all year round.
The Meadows is intended for those who are retired or those actively working in the community. We also offer plenty of free parking and professionally landscaped grounds as well as a scenic wooded walking path. At 370 Hemenway Street, we provide full American-style breakfast and, at 420 Hemenway Street, a gourmet dinner is served in the Broadmeadow Dining Room, six evenings a week, as well as Sunday afternoons.
Benefits of Residing in an Independent Living Community
Seniors that choose to live in an independent living community typically do not need assistance with daily activities. These individuals are interested in socializing and living their senior years to the fullest. What better place to enjoy retirement than at The Meadows?
A core benefit of residing in The Meadows is that our staff oversees the upkeep of the property. This means our residents never have to worry about mowing the lawn, adjusting the water heater, shoveling in the winter, or making any home repairs.
We also offer plenty of activities that our independent living residents can take part in, including move nights, trivia, baking contests, walks, watercise classes, and more. Whether you’re seeking a cocktail hour or a trip into nearby towns, we can meet your needs.
Residents here can feel completely comfortable knowing they don’t need to be concerned with paying bills for the internet, phone, heat, cable, electricity and water. Owning your own home can take a lot of time out of the day, which is why those who have retired can sit back and unwind at our independent living community.
If residents do need assistance, we are always here to lend a helping hand. Our staff is available around-the-clock in the event of an emergency. This is one of the major benefits when selecting our independent living community in Massachusetts.
Contact New Horizons
Services and Amenities
- Daily breakfast buffet at Meadows 370
- Daily dinner at Meadows 420
- Weekly housekeeping with flat linen service at Meadows 420
- Computer Learning Center
- Friday Sabbath services at New Horizons
- Daily Catholic Mass and weekly Protestant services in 140-seat on-site chapel
- Ample free parking and snow removal
- Heat, hot water, central air conditioning included
- Local telephone service and Comcast’s Basic-Plus cable included
- 24-hour on-call emergency maintenance
- 24-hour on-site licensed nurse*
- Centrally located elevators
- Library and elegant lounges
- Multi-purpose activity rooms
- Large, comfortable dining room
- Gas fireplaces in common areas
- Distinctive architecture
- Emergency power system
- Fully sprinklered throughout
- Non-combustible construction
- Trash chute and recycle room
- Private very spacious apartment homes
- Wide variety of unique floor plans
- Sizes range from 600 to 2,000 s.f.
- Kitchens with full appliances
- Oversized bathrooms
- Choice of bathtub or shower (or both)
- Private washer/dryer in most units
- Individually controlled HVAC
- Fully air-conditioned throughout
- Wall-to-wall carpeting and linoleum
- Private patios or balconies in many units
- On-site health club
- Large heated indoor lap swimming pool
- Access to New Horizons’ local bus*
- On-campus banking
- On-campus podiatry, dental care and physical therapy*
- Bouvier Pharmacy branch*
- Full-time hair/beauty salon*
- Indoor exotic fish pond
- Indoor greenhouse and outdoor gardens
- 40 acres of woods and meadows
- Abutting 100 acres of conservation land
- Putting green and horseshoe pit areas
- Outdoor picnic and walking areas
- Director on duty seven days/week
Some residences in The Cottages and the DHCD program may not include all listed services and amenities.
*Typically an additional cost to resident.
Based on 4 Customer reviews